Friday, January 8, 2010

451 Challenge

This is the very first book challenge I am joining! You can read all about it here. 

Basically, between January 1, 2010 and November 30, 2010, participants are challenged to read books on the 451 master list. There are different levels to choose from:

Spark - read 1-2 books from the master list
Ember - read 3-4 books from the master list
Flame - read 5-6 books from the master list
Blaze - read 7 or more books from the master list


Re-reading is acceptable, as are crossovers with other challenges. Audio, print, and e-books are all acceptable. Each month, participants will be encouraged to post their reviews on the challenge blog, and each review posted will be an entry into a grand prize drawing for a $25 gift card to the online bookseller of the winner's choice.

I am just going to jump in so I picked the blaze level. There were MANY books to choose from, but these are the books I am signing on to read:

The Story of a Marriage - Andrew Sean Grear
The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
We Need to Talk about Kevin - Lionel Shriver
We Were the Mulvaneys - Joyce Carol Oates
The Age of Innocence - Edith Wharton
Greenagage Summer - Rumer Godden
Peace Like A River - Lief Enger
Anne of Green Gables - L.M. Montgomery - This is my only reread, but I LOVED it when I was little...only, now I forget it! So, I'm reading it so I can remember the story!

5 comments:

  1. I looked over the 451 list. Looks like there are a ton of good books on there. Several are already on my "to read" list for this year. Perhaps I should sign up....
    The Time Traveler's Wife is on my list too. We'll have to see who gets to it first, and let the other one know if it is any good.
    I have the entire Anne series - there are 8 books in all. I LOVE all of them, but my favorite is actually Rilla of Ingleside, which is the 8th one. You might get addicted and have to read the whole series. Of course, I don't think I have read them since middle school... so who knows if I would still like them?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT?! A challenge with PRIZES?!?!?! I may have to join just one more challenge....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane Eyre was on the list! SCORE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you will be joining us! I think it's going to be a fun year. Look forward to reading your thoughts on the books you read. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the time traveler's wife...read it long before the movie came out and it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete